By Cindy-lou Schmidt
Sales are up like the temperatures! Townhomes lead the way in popularity and sale price, while condos take a dip.
NUMBER OF SALES: June 2019 compared to June 2018
- 404 detached homes were sold (up 8.9% )
- 50 condominium apartment (down 28.6%)
- 159 freehold townhouses (up 27.2%).
- 45 semi-detached homes (up 15.4%)
AVERAGE SALES PRICE SUMMARY: June 2019 compared to June 2018
The average sale price of all residential properties sold increased 8.9% to $533,619 compared to June 2018
Broken down by style of home:
- Detached homes sold for an average price of $618,186 (up 7.9%)
- Apartment style condominiums increased by $332,716 (up 4.4%).
- Townhomes sold for an average of $411,126(up 510.6%)
- Semis sold for an average of $430,427 (up 9.9%)
HOMES LISTED ON MARKET: June 2019 compared to June 2018
Realtors listed 888 residential properties in K-W and area last month, a 4.3% decrease
- 0.5% increase compared to the previous ten-year average
- The total number of homes available for sale in active status at the end of June totalled 890, a decrease of 10.8 per cent compared to June of last year, and well below the previous ten-year average of 1,581 listings for June.
- The average days it took to sell a home in June was 20 days, compared to 22 days in June 2018.
I hope you enjoyed my Simplified Market Update! I strive to keep you informed and empowered so you can make smart real estate decisions that will benefit you for years to come.